Friday, June 12, 2015

"All the possibilities, no limits just epiphanies"- American Authors

So I was driving to go play board games this afternoon and this song comes on the radio. It's "Best Day of My Life" by American Authors. It's an incredibly upbeat song. But whenever I hear it- I hear that one line I used as a title.

My entire life I have seen God as a Dad figure. But I always saw Him as a disciplinarian. Old Testament God is not forgiving and can be downright scary! (10 plagues on Egypt? 'Nough said.) but it has been more recently that I have started to realize that God loves me, I'm His daughter, and He really likes me too! He reveals things to us- not always for our correction and discipline- because He wants us to try new things and learn in new ways. Lately the things I feel like God is showing me, well, they aren't orders, they are ideas. They are ideas I get to examine and adopt if I want to. Now if God gives it to me and I don't choose to do what it seems I should do, things might not go as smoothly for me. But He STILL loves me- forever and back. And the best thing is: HE LOVES YOU THAT MUCH TOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think