Wednesday, September 5, 2012

School starts today!

Ok! So the first day of school is upon us!!! They both got on the bus fine, but I forgot to put the pencils in the little guys backpack! And can't drive them up to the school... I hope he gets over it quickly.
And I feel like school is starting for me too. I am learning about myself and how big and wonderful God is as I have a few minutes in the kitchen once the boys are gone and the cat stops bugging me for attention.
I am learning that I am NOT the worst person in the world, nor am I the worst homemaker/house cleaner. I am not the worst Mommy because we BOTH forgot the pencils. Do I need to get things done?- absolutely! But I am learning not to beat myself up if I only get the floors and the dishes done today. I am not superwoman, nor am I intended to be her. I am a component woman who is slowly regaining her confidence.
So these are my musings as I sit at the table, already dressed but needing a shower, and having only 4 1/2 hours until pandemonium breaks loose when they get home! I do miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think