Monday, September 3, 2012

Gamer Girl

Hi folks! It seems it is time to share some about who I am more than what I shared in my profile. I have a confession: I am a Gamer. Now I have a bit of an issue with the term Geek added to the back of that. I am not comfortable with the name Gaming Geek- even though I probably fit into most people's definition of such. Growing up, geek had such major negative connotations for me that I refuse to use it to define me. I prefer to think of myself as a Gamer Girl. And even though I am 44 ( when did that happen?)  I am a teenager at heart. This is probably why I can get so emotional about what my boys are going through- it seems like yesterday- literally!
So, what does a Gamer Girl do? Aside from the mundane chores of raising 2 kids and taking care of ann amazing husband, and draw, music, and socialize (can't forget that!) I play games! I occasionally play board games- even met my hubby in my own basement playing a game years ago! But I prefer number games- Sudoku, Kakuro, and games like bubble pop and bejeweled blitz! I also love hidden object pictures! I got an iTouch for Christmas and since I hurt my leg, I have been playing on it all the time!!!!!  In college during the Gulf war, Iwas given a writing assignment on a segment of  Machiavelli's The Prince, and I wrote an analogy to Dungeons and Dragons. Not what the professor expected but I got a decent grade because I addressed the issue she wanted. So, now you know what a Gamer Girl does. I hope it does not make you want to stop reading my blog because gaming is just one of many facets of this girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think