Sunday, September 9, 2012

Going through a tough Mommy day!

Hi everyone! Well, this has been an emotional roller coaster of a day! It started out great! Got to church really early with the bagels. Hubby happy, kids happy, Mommy happy! Then kids ask to play the iTouch. I say "yes!" happy kid! But then I realized I left it at home. Apologize but still an Unhappy Kid. Later that morning, they were both at the bathroom down a long hall- Unhappy Kid bangs his brother's head into the wall- repeatedly. Unhappy Kid, Hurt and Almost Crying Kid, Upset Daddy, crushed emotionally Mommy. You see, I was so upset with Unhappy Kid for hurting Hurt and almost crying kid! I was feeling no compassion towards Unhappy Kid, I was crying for Hurt and almost crying kid- the wrongful victim of his brothers wrath! Then, as I worshipped more, I was able to be calmer and forgive Unhappy Kid. I was sure that he never thought he could really hurt Hurt and almost crying kid. So, I quietly as I could during the sermon, went out to the car where Unhappy Kid had been removed by Upset Dad. Car parked in the shade with windows open was a safe and cool spot for Unhappy Kid. We spoke of what could have happened. Why what happened was wrong and why it happened in the first place. Unhappy Kid is having trouble with impulse control- big trouble! So Unhappy Daddy- in his wisdom told Unhappy Kid that he got to spend the entire day in his room except for mowing and dinner.  We went shopping at Staples. First week back to school this was a nightmare but we got through it with Mommy being the savior for both boys procuring those hard to get items which were needed for Monday! Happy Mommy, still Unhappy Kid, Hurt Kid and Upset Daddy.  At home after a few hours upstairs in his room, Unhappy Kid( yes I fed him lunch) decides to do the discipline which will get him out of his room but still not get him screen time. He writes 50 times: Dear Lord, please help me to control myself! 50 times! Writing is torture for Unhappy Kid, but he wanted to be a part of the family again,so he did it. And he came down in time for dinner. He learned to shuffle cards today- a major victory for him- there is a physical challenge there- and asked his brother to play a game. During the game he did drop something on Hurt Kid's head and got kicked in the foot as a result! Unhappy Kid got 10 more sentences and Hurt got to put the game away by himself and nothing else because he was clearly the victim here. At bedtime, Hurt went looking to say "Goodnight" to Unhappy- all was forgiven! :) 
     but my Mommy heart was bleeding the whole day! Why? How could he? Poor Hurt! My boys are boys, they do get physical. Please God teach Unhappy how not to hurt his brother anymore!
Sorry for another not too happy post- but life does that. Tomorrow will be better. 
Night for now,
Cindy










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think