Sunday, August 11, 2013

What a long strange trip it's been....

Hi everyone!
I guess I just realized how long it has been since I have blogged. THAT long, hunh? So I am continuing to adjust to this thing called Diabetes. I take a handful of pills every night, and give myself insulin 4 times a day. I HATE needles and until I became diabetic was awful with blood draws and everything. 8 days in the hospital will certainly cure you of that- it did me!
Anyway, in April I got great news! My 3 month blood sugar was about half of what it originally was!!! I treated myself to some ice cream! And one doctor and I were discussing a possible surgery. And yes, I had a partial hysterectomy. This means they took my uterus. I had massive fibroids.  During my January hospital stay, they discovered a liver issue which prevented me from taking oral contraceptives. The afore mentioned fibroids were being kept at bay by those oral contraceptives. I had 2 choices: have the fibroids removed internally and externally involving a lower abdominal incision, or have the uterus removed- no uterus no fibroids can grow and same incision. Well, the operation was a success- and I have fully healed from it! Yay! The boys and hubby were amazing! Cooked and cleaned, I continue to be impressed! They all totally stepped up when I needed them to.
So, summer camps for my boys are over and we have 4 weeks left before school. Today I had each of them clean out all of the papers and stuff under their beds. One was sliding around like a seal spinning under there while the other was holding his breath because of his dust allergy and the condition of that rug.
And I am in charge of a church garage sale in September. So a bit of stress but I am dealing with it ok.
The very cool part, I had a bunch of healing occur! I was born with one giant kidney instead of 2 kidneys. And before the operation the tests showed 2 normal kidneys!!!! Praise God!!! And my hair, which had started falling out, is growing back!!! And Lipitor lowered my cholesterol so well that I don't have to worry about it! Yay!
So, there is my long strange trip for 2013 so far- hope you enjoyed the ride!!!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think