Friday, August 30, 2013

The crazy driver

So I was on my way home from back-to-school shopping at Staples. I was emotionally unsettled because once again I was upset that these teachers would ask for more books/binder than could feasibly fit into a students back pack! Ugh! So I have to go get gas on the way home because I was left with NOTHING in the tank. So on the way o the grocery store, I slow down, missed the gas stat on entrance on this side but am at a red light. I know I have right on red, but want to make sure I don't get in an accident as I am emotionally not where I should be to drive. The guy in the car behind me starts honking like mad, so I was safe and turned, and didn't speed up because I was signaling to go into the very busy gas station! He beeped more! After a few choice cuss words left mouth, I was so upset I couldn't get gas and went to the grocery store 1/2 block away. After shopping and regaining my equilibrium, I went back and gassed up. But that guy never learned from one of my earliest posts about slowing down. It was after 5pm on a Friday- and you just want to get home. But don't be rude people!!! Thank you for listening to this public service announcement!

1 comment:

  1. If people honk at me when I am stopped first in the row at a red light I will deliberately not go until the light turns green. Right on red is optional, not mandatory, and is up to the safety of the driver in the first car. The people behind me don't know whether I can see a duck or a kid or a pothole in the street and need to learn to take a minute and calm down.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to tell me what you think