Friday, March 28, 2014

Worship

So I was thinking lately about worship. I love to worship. I try to worship all day. I was thinking specifically about the tools of worship. I draw, play my drum, dance, pray for people..... All of these are fun and all make Abba happy. But is this how He intended us to worship? I mean- people say of they were meant to fly God would have given them wings.... So..,, if we were meant to worship, hasn't Abba already given us the best instruments of worship already? Last week at a meeting- we had no guitars, no instruments. So we prayed and broke out in spontaneous worship with only our voices. There was no dancing, no guitar or keyboards, just voices and a bit of clapping/ drumming. And it was a very deep worship. It was deeper for me than what I experience on Sunday mornings when I draw, it was just deeper. I got no pictures, I asked for no visions, I just loved Abba and Jesus. Isn't this what bare bones worship is? Sometimes I think going back to only what is actually part of you to worship can reset your body to worship more freely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think