Sunday, November 13, 2011

Changes

MY life has changed drastically the last 5 months.  I went from being mostly healthy, but extremely overweight to being a recovering hernia patient who MUST lose weight in order to prevent a new hernia from occurring.
Mind you my operation and recovery were nothing short of miraculous!  The Dr even telling me "You just had major surgery.  You are making this look easy.  That makes me look good.  I like you!" Yes, he made me laugh but I recovered well, thank you, God!
I have begun walking 1 mile as many days as  can- then I got bronchitis- I get this often.  I then took a week to do nothing.  Yes, nothing.  I needed to prioritize my life and all of my activities were distracting me from the main focus of my life- even though many were God centered activities.  I had lots of time to pray and to listen and to slow down (I am still learning from that lesson).  Well, God, family, then me- that is my new order for my life.  And I discovered in the past week that when I put God first, family second, I have more time for me in the long run and I am less stressed!
So- Go ME!!!  I am reclaiming my house from 5 months of sickness and depression and inability to tackle things.  I AM a Competent Woman!
And, I have 2 great kids.  They deserve me to have my stuff together so I have time for them when they get home.  Same goes for my husband who is amazing!

3 comments:

  1. glad to see you writing again...and glad you're feeling better. 5 is the number of grace...and you are out of the darkness,Competant Woman. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,

    It is a constant struggle to re-evaluate priorities - I feel like I force myself to do that every couple of months! Every time I put one thing down I pick another up to fill its place and discipline is so difficult sometimes!!! Ugh... But Tom always says "go where the life is" and for me that's writing, so when I'm writing, all the other stresses seem manageable.

    All that to say I hope you will "go where the life is" and from that place become all you are longing to be - for yourself, for your family, and for God...

    Grace,
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for my slow replies...things have been a bit..productive?...constantly moving these days.....
    Ginnie- thanks. I am a Compotent Woman- and feeling more so these days :o)
    Madison- thank you. I am finding life in interesting places and enjoying things much more now that I have. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to tell me what you think