Saturday, August 8, 2009

Slow down!

Sorry I have not been posting as often- the novelty has worn off, and kids birthday party and end of Summer activities are filling the air. I promise to write as I get stuff...but from August 31-September 6 expect nothing.

OK, so I am back from a weekend without anyone. (Hooray for Mommy time!) I am looking out my kitchen window at my neighbors. The Mrs., her daughter and granddaughter are all sitting and hanging out. The granddaughter is around a year old, maybe a few months more. And as I gaze out I notice something weird. They are all moving in jerky motions- quick jerky motions. I think,"How strange." Then I realize that the baby has learned to make quick jerky motions from her Mom and Grandma! I then think that maybe I am supposed to relax and rest. I wonder how jerky my motions are and I start to move to pour a drink of water. Jerky!

And then I think about TaiChi. It is all the jerky moves of many martial arts but they are done in a fluid motion, unhurried by the clock or other men. Many years ago, a friend told me he interrupted his Mom doing TaiChi and decided if she sped up he would have been toast!

So, somewhere in this world and the universe, there is a force, I'm thinking it's God, that is trying to slow things down into their beauty, like TaiChi, from the hectic New York hustle and bustle. And yes, I am a Long Islander from New York. I was raised very close to the real hustle bustle of the City, but I think it is partially inside us. I lived in the Albany area for 5 years, and I was still rushed, but less than before. And only NYC transplants in that area ever truly rush.

So I listened to that thought about slowing down, and drew a picture that I had always wanted to draw- but it started as a doodle. And I got only what had to be done that day completed. And i enjoyed my kiddies, and it was a good day.

Well, I hope you all have relaxing times each day for your minds- and I don't mean while you sleep! LOL!

Peace to you,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think