Thursday, January 8, 2015

Happy "You Can't Get Rid Of Me That Easily" Day!!!

Hi Everyone!
Today marks the second anniversary of my admittance to the hospital with DKA and pancreatitis. It was serious but my God and the doctors prevailed. Since I can't help but remember my trials of this day, I decided to make it into a holiday to remind me of how blessed I am to still be alive. (Other name choices were 'glad I'm still here' and 'glad I didn't die' but I think this one is much better.)

So I was thinking of what I have been blessed with and I came up with a short list (and it really is short but encompasses so much!)
1) a closer relationship with my God
2)a closer relationship with many people in my life and with new people
3) the ability to draw a picture for someone and just give it away because I know there is a message in it that they won't get otherwise.
4) I started painting for the first time in  almost 30 years and people have purchased some of them! (Yeah still blows my mind that people want to buy my paintings but they see something they like there. Again it must be the message imbedded into the painting.)
5) I have two amazing boys and an amazing husband whom I have spent many treasured moments with!
6) my attitude in general of life has changed. In short, although I still stress over decisions, I tend to stretch myself more than I stay in a safe place. Not all the time but the percentage is greater.

See- a short list! 
Thank you all for accompanying me in my journey- can't wait I see where it will take me next!
Until next time-
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think