Friday, May 14, 2010

Words from a cartoon character

OK- so my youngest son is so upbeat- it is sometimes like I'm living with a cartoon character.
Here are some of the things he had to say recently:
(While waiting for his older brother to meet us at the Middle school) My 9 year old says,"Mom- that girl there- she's hot!"
"She is? Oh, look she's practicing a cheer with her friend."
"Wait they are cheerleaders?"
"Yes."
"Well then they are hot!"
"Why is that?"
"Cheerleaders are hot, Mom!"
"And where did you glean this specific wisdom from?" (as I chuckle quietly)
"I don't know- but they are. Everyone knows that!"

I blame it on too much Disney Channel but it was a very interesting conversation to have had with my 9 year old- that's for sure!

First trip to The Olive Garden Restaurant (a step up from Applebee's) and my youngest was very impressed with the bread sticks, salad, and pizza. Here's what happened:
"Mom, the Chef made this food delicious!"
"You should tell the waitress to let the chef know."(this coming from Dad.)
So the waitress comes by and he had to repeat twice but got his point across. "Please tell the Chef that this food is delicious!"
She agreed to tell him.
Five minutes later- the head chef comes to visit our table.
"I hear you think the pizza is good? My friend (can't remember the chef's name) made it for you. I'll tell him you liked it"
"Thank you it is delicious!"
"Well, make sure you finish it all!"
My son felt very special!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to tell me what you think